Wed, Sep 06|
The Collective Seattle
Jobs and Affordability in Seattle + Major Sports in Seattle
Panel discussion on how to make Seattle more affordable and a one-on-one interview about the impact of major sports on our region.
Time & Place
Sep 06, 2023, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM PDT
The Collective Seattle, 400 Dexter Ave N ste. #100, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
About the Event
From questions about wage growth to double-digit percentage increases in housing costs, greater Seattle has become an expensive place to live. Join us at Civic Cocktail on Wednesday, September 6th at 6:30 p.m. as we discuss what it will take to make the region more affordable and create better-paying jobs that support the cost of living.
We’ll start off by discussing these and other questions with business and job development experts in segment one. In segment two, enjoy a one-on-one discussion with the President and CEO of the Seattle Sports Commission about the exciting upcoming sports events coming to Seattle--including the World Cup and Major League Baseball All-Star Week and Winter Baseball Classic--and the economic and social impact of those (and our major sports teams) on our city and region.
Panelists - Segment 1
- Mike Schwartz, Regional Director of Economic Advancement, YWCA Seattle King Snohomish
- Jon Scholes, President and CEO, Downtown Seattle Association
- Aparna Rae, Founder, Moving Beyond
- Rob Smith, Executive Editor, Seattle Business Magazine/Seattle Magazine
Panelist - Segment 2
- Beth Knox, President and CEO, Seattle Sports Commission
- Alicia Crank, Executive Director, Seattle CityClub